Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHESTERFIELD...STILL IN LOVE!
Got to Chesterfield about 5:00 Friday evening. By the time we got trailer set up and boat on the water around 6:15. Trolled till dark, not a single bite and marked only one fish. Went to sleep discouraged. Up bright and early, on water by 6:30. Another two hours and a half and nothing. I decided to change game plan and look where I normally don't fish. Put first big fish on boat at 9:00 and it was all out till we got blown off by massive thunder and lightening at three. We boated 44 fish. That's not counting the ones we lost. Every circle of this one area we would land 4 or 5 each pass. I would estimate only ten people on lake. With water extremely low recently all the whispers are that it is fished out. Not if you want to put in the time. Anyway, the lake is full to the brim and I was surprised at how clean most of the water was. No mosquitoes yet either. Hopefully with the water high we can keep our fingers crossed that the fishing will heat up again like before our drought. Here is a picture of some of the nicer ones The one biggin was just shy of 5 lbs. Happy fishing everybody! Sorry, I got over zealous with the size of the picture file.
[signature]
Great post, thx for the info
[signature]
Thanks for sharing. I've only ever ice fished Chesterfield (no boat), but sounds like a real fun second day
[signature]