Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua 05/05
I thought with a nice string of warmer weather the bass would start to turn on an Mantua, had a rough day though. Caught 2 small males (one on a spinnerbait and 1 on a senko) and that was it. Fished slow around the point, deep cranked out in deeper water, tried spinnerbaits in the rocks along the north west corner, went to the southeast corner and threw soft plastics in the trees and fished really slow, tried dropshotting the grass flats, about ran out of ideas for how to catch them. Didn't have anything chase to the boat. Water is really stained and visibility was only a couple feet. Talked to quite a few other boaters and bank tanglers and heard similar results.
[signature]
When teh fish don't want to play, there isn't a whole lot you can do about it. I am sure you will have better luck next time.
[signature]
I experienced the same thing on Saturday. I caught one trout but could not get the bass or the bluegill to play. What did you have the water temperature at Dgallen? My fish finder at it at 59-60 but that water didn't feel that warm.

Mark
[signature]
It ranged from 57-60, but I agree it didn't feel that warm to the touch. The Northwest corner seemed the coolest.
[signature]
suspending Jerkbait!
[signature]
That's really surprising as I killed it in Idaho last Thursday. Caught 74 bass and missed a bunch more. I figured all the area lakes would be on at this point.
[signature]