Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation Walleye
"Went to Starvation and got a nice surprise. Was throwing some jakes along the shore by the bridge with no luck. So i threw on a rainbow rapala for fun. First cast and I thought I caught a shoe, barely any fight, and to my suprise was a stinkin walleye!!! Never caught one before. Was a nice surprise to say the least. Was about 3 in the afternoon when i caught it. Nice 16" walleye (for me anyways). Kept fishing and caught some pretty fat rainbows that were overflowing with eggs. Anyways just thought id share since ive been trying to catch these dang walleye for years now.
[signature]
Don't eat it or you will forever be consumed by trying to catch more and more.
You have been warned.
[signature]
Nice catch. Thanks for the report. What did you catch the bows on?
[signature]
[quote SBennett]Don't eat it or you will forever be consumed by trying to catch more and more.
You have been warned.[/quote]

Good gracious if that wasnt one of the best fish ive ever ate! Youre right SBennet, im hooked! Between the Kokes and Walleye, I dont think ill ever target trout again!
[signature]
[quote hookngrinin]Nice catch. Thanks for the report. What did you catch the bows on?[/quote]

The bows were hitting a 3" rainbow rapala. All the hits were about 15 ft from shore. Good fat bows, 14" + all of them
[signature]
yep, that's exactly what happens. Congrats and Welcome to the club!
[frown]That's to bad that you have been inflicted with this obsessoin, be prepared for what is coming your way, sleepless nights staying out late fishing, countless hours researching on how to catch more, hundreds of dollars on gear, a lot of fishing and plenty of skunks,
but there is good news, when all the wok pays off it is very well worth it.[cool]
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Very nice! Don't forget the cheek muscles... by far the best part of a Walleye! Similar to Halibut cheeks, they are like a poor mans version of scallops.
[signature]