Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone been getting any bronze backs, or eye from the ice lately
just was sitting here trying to think of where to go this weekend if I feel up to it"didn't go today because I felt like well you know what, even after renting hooked's aqua-view for the day" but I was hoping to go some place that I could get some eyes of bronze backs(small mouth bass) any one willing to help me out.
I heard they were geting some eyes and crappies up to holms creek. anyone been there? come one guy fess up on them please and post or sent a pm thanks
[signature]
I love fishing for smallmouth bass, but thought that they wouldn't bite during the winter months. Is this true or am I wrong? Has anybody ever had success catching smallmouths through the ice? If so I would love to here about it.

Thanks!
[signature]
I drove by Holmes creek last week, and there didn't seem to be anywhere to park, unless you parked at the golf course. I'd be happy to tag along if you decide to go sometime. I just live down the street a few miles.
[signature]
did it look like there were any tracks going down?
[signature]
[#800080][size 2]Fishing and catching smallies can be dangerous to the smallies. The amount of energy that a smallmouth puts forth could stress the fish to death. It has been recommended that if you were to start catching smallmouth through the ice, to stop immediately and move away. This could decimate a bronzeback population in a hurry.[/size][/#800080]
[signature]
I didn't SEE and tracks, but I was looking more for somewhere to park. Maybe the best option would be to have someone drop you off and then pick you up when you're done. I saw a couple of places where people had TRIED to pull off the road, but it didn't look like they'd gotten very far. I'd forgotten about the walleye in there. I remember several years ago when I was fishing for bass, and caught a walleye. Shocked the crap out of me. They might actually have some size on them. I'm intrigued.
[signature]
not to say you are wrong but I've never heard that before about smallmouth bass before can you send me a link to it. and if thats true think about all the other kinds of fish that will be wiped out by ice fishing.

sorry I'm kind of leary when people tell me stuff like that. I was once told this little lake I tryed fishing didn't have any fish but carp. was told that a few times by a few people when fishing there I just said thats ok I like to hook carp also. that made them mad. turns out it had nice bass,bluegill,crappie,catfish,perch in it and now it has musky in it. yes it's newton. back when I was in college in '87. so until I see proof of a statement like that I'm leary. AND DONT TAKE IT AS I'M TRYING TO PUT YOU DOWN PLEASE THATS NOT WHAT I'M TRYING TO DO. I JUST WANT FACTS.
[size 4]I could be wrong, but I think Tom is pulling your leg a little.[/size]
[signature]
I'm sure tom is pulling my leg a bit,but there is "some" truth to what he said. but you have to put that up for all fish.
[signature]
[#000080][size 2]Actually, I couldn't be more serious. I read some articles in In-Fishermen(actually, I read every article I can get my hands on about catching smallies) on through the ice and wintering smallies. Smallies are a precious resource. Play with them with care. [/size][/#000080]
[signature]
I pretty sure I read that too ! So where is the ice fishin' pics ? LOL
[signature]
[size 2]I just got a digital camera thursday. An Olympus D-560. 3.2 megapixal 10x optical zoom. [/size]

[size 2] mY PROBLEMS are in down sizing scanned pics from previous outings.[/size]

[size 2] This is the only pic I have that can be uploaded. Jedburton took it when the two us hit Lake X in early Jan.[/size]

[size 2] The background came out real good, so now it is my desktop.[/size]
[signature]
Downsizing pics can be a pain , but once you do it a few times , it will get easier . The issue of IN-FISHERMAN was oct/nov 2003, topic "When to leave smallmouths alone" .
[signature]
Nice Pic dude. [cool]
[signature]