Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat questions
I'm moving from Utah back home to Texas. I'll be in the DFW area but I want to buy a boat that I can bring down to the gulf a few times a year. I'm completely inexperienced when it comes to fishing the gulf and operating a boat in those conditions. I've been looking mostly at center console boats around 22 foot long with a single outboard engine. I have a budget of about 10 grand. From what I've read that should be fine for the gulf if I pay attention to the weather? I thought I would ask for opinions on here. The other concern I have is will a boat that size sit too deep for fishing lakes in the DFW area?

If anyone could point me in the direction of some good reading so I don't drown myself down in the gulf that would be great!
[signature]
Having been an owner of a Lund for the past 11 years, I can say it handles in shore water well. Need to watch the weather as if seas get to be be over 3ft you need to head in. The wide beam has been great for me in the salt and I feel comforting in water to that. I would buy another if for some reason it went down. But I don' think it will.
[signature]