Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FLAMING GORGE KOKANEE UPDATE
I am taking my two sons to Flaming Gorge for the first time Wednesday thru Saturday. I have fished there for kokanee before but I have not had my sons there with me. I am just curious if anyone has had much luck with kokanee lately. Where are they at this time in May?
[signature]
They were on 2 weeks ago and should only be getting better. There was all you wanted south of brinnegars (spelling?) ranch. Should be lots of boats where ever you find them. We didn't mark a ton but caught them 20 to 25 feet deep. Lots of pups when you limit out just drag your junk in the mud[Wink]
[signature]
It's been good down in the Canyon too, specifically around Jarvies and the Dam. Most of the fish I've been catching have been shallow, around 15-20 ft, and planer boards with 2-3 ounce snap weights have been working great. The deepest I've caught them so far is 30 ft on a downrigger, with a 120 ft set back. As the water warms, and later in the day, you'll pick them up deeper. Pink squids with silver dodgers have been best, but also small spoons like #1 Needlefish. Good luck! Ryno
[signature]
Thanks Ryno,
I don't know if I will get all the down to Jarvies and the Dam but I appreciate the heads up. I plan on putting the dodgers way back like you said. I know that helps when they are up high.

Here we come you little silver bullets!
[signature]