Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Powell Stanton creek?
I was wondering if anyone has camped in Stanton Creek camp ground area, access pulling a boat down to the water, camping with a trailer and boat, any help vey appreciated.
thanks
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
I was down there last year it's a rough road you can drive down to it but they only boat you're going to launch is something you can do it by hand. water levels change so that ability to launch may Change.
I suggest lunch at bullfrog and ride the boat over and dock it there at that Stanton Creek.
What kind of boat?
[signature]
19ft fish ski. headed down mid june for 5 days,
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
If the lake keeps rising like it has been you might be able to launch a Hite. Currently the lake is rising over six inches a day.

Keep an eye on Waynes Words and even ask as the time gets close for better information.

Here is a link to watch what the water level is doing.

http://lakepowell.water-data.com/
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
it looks like there are rest rooms on google earth, just wondering if I am correct in that
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
Just got back from Stanton Creek yesterday. We hauled in a boat, 24ft trailer and multiple vehicles. Road is a little rough but manageable. Previous posts are right, you have to launch at Bull frog ramp but from there you can zip down to your campsite (plenty of places to anchor your boat though).

We caught all we could handle walleye & stripers. Surprising that we caught few smallmouths & even fewer Largemouths. Most caught on Gulp Minnows and a silver or black 1/4 -1/8 oz jig head.

Word of advise though, make sure that you camp on relatively high ground as the water levels are fast rising and you don't want to move camp once your set up.
[signature]
Welcome to the site and thank you for the info, is there restrooms or do I need to bring my own?
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
Yes there are steel portable rest room. I recommend taking you own 409 and hand wipes.
They can double for ovens in the day time.
There is no shade.
Or water.
[signature]
Hi, I have done all that you have mentioned at Stanton creek twice now without any mishaps. I have a slide in camper I have a 4 by 4 pick up pulling a 16 foot Lund walk-through. I have seen others pulling 30 foot trailers in as well. Roads are very up-and-down and mostly Dusty Clay. Could be a real problem with rain. It is like a maze, so you will want to stop and walk some roads to see where they lead before moving on. Don't be afraid to ask people. You will have two options for putting your boat in. 1. Go in at the main boat ramp, and then drive around find a campsite and hopefully find Boat and driver waiting out in the bay to see where you show up. to do this takes about an hour one way,very slow going into the campground. The bay is big with shallow spots. Have your boat guy go slow and watch the depth. I would not tri haul in, way too hilly and you need to be able to back up as wrong ways are common. 2. At the entrance where you leave the pavement, is a parking lot. You can leave the trailer, camper, whatever there. And go explore before you get in over your comfort zone. I did see 4 x 4 trucks pulling boats in to the camping area . They presumably Found shelf/natural boat ramps to put in their boats. Butt but this is illegal. You might check to see if they put a boat ramp in for the campground. It is too far to walk from the campground to the main boat ramp. If you want to know more private message me.
[signature]
Thank you for the replies, it sounds like we will be boating in up from bullfrog, I think I want to take a recon down in there anyway just for a later trip I hope anyway.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
Just found pic, in the back were some rock formations call the haystacks
This is towards bull frog from Stanton creek. This area could be under water. Anyway, this pic gives you an idea
[signature]