Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Utah Disabled Veteran Fishing Event
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[center][font "Calibri"]2017 Utah Disabled Veteran Fishing Event[/font][/center]
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[font "Calibri"]Where: Soldier Creek Marina, Soldier Creek Recreation Area, Strawberry Reservoir[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[ul][li]
Entry fees will be waived for volunteers. Tell the gate attendant you are part of the Utah DAV event. You will receive a card at registration to display on your dash to signify you are an event volunteer.
[/li][/ul]
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[font "Calibri"]When: Saturday, July 15th 07:00 – 15:00[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[ul][li]
We will start boater registration and launching boats at 06:00 at the boat ramp.
[ul][li]
Each boat will be assigned and given a number to display.
[/li][li]
All boats will be launched and called in to load vets.
[/li][li]
Coffee, hot chocolate and donuts will be provided.
[/li][/ul][/li][li]
Veterans will arrive at 07:00 and begin registration and loading boats.
[ul][li]
Boat loading will occur 1 boat at a time in single file from the end of the dock.
[/li][li]
Boaters will move into the dock as they are called in numerical order, single file to pick up their veteran.
[/li][/ul][/li][li]
Boaters are free to head out fishing as soon as they have their assigned veteran on board.
[/li][li]
12:30 All veterans and hosts off the water
[/li][li]
13:00 Lunch will be served
[/li][li]
14:00 – 15:00 Raffle and closing ceremony.
[/li][/ul]
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[font "Calibri"]What do you need: [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[ul][li]
Uniform – Active duty and reserve military are more than welcome to wear working uniform, not required though.
[/li][li]
Folding chairs- we have limited available seating for the lunch so please bring any folding chairs you may have.
[/li][/ul]
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[ul][li]
[#000000]Fishing gear[/#000000] - Each veteran will receive a new rod/reel combo but not much else. Some veterans will have their own fishing gear, some will not.
[ul][li]
We will have a sheet explaining the Strawberry regulations provided to each veteran.
[/li][li]
Boaters should have a fish measuring device to comply with Strawberry Reservoir slot limit regulations
[/li][/ul][/li][li]
Safety Equipment – you will need to provide a life jacket for your guest fisherman and all other state required safety equip.
[/li][li]
Please contact Trevor Earl to volunteer or Todd with any questions:
[/li][/ul]

[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[font "Calibri"]Trevor Earl, Team Leader Utah Disabled Veterans Fishing Foundation[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[font "Calibri"]BigFishTackle members can PM WiperMac to volunteer or email at [/font][url "mailto:trevor.earl@us.af.mil"][font "Calibri"][#0000ff]trevor.earl@us.af.mil[/#0000ff][/font][/url][font "Calibri"] or [url "mailto:trevor.earl5876@gmail.com"][#0000ff]trevor.earl5876@gmail.com[/#0000ff][/url][/font]
[font "Calibri"]
[/font] [font "Calibri"]Office: 801-777-2910 [url "mailto:trevor.earl5876@gmail.com"]/[/url] Cell: 801-814-4410[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[font "Calibri"]Todd Hall , Director Utah Disabled Veterans Fishing Foundation [/font]
><((((º>
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[font "Calibri"][#0000ff][url "mailto:utahdavfishing@gmail.com"][#0000ff]utahdavfishing@gmail.com[/#0000ff][/url][/#0000ff][/font]

[font "Calibri"]Office: 801-767-4608 / Cell: 208-409-2564[/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]Thank you one and all for your support and giving back to the men and women that have given so much!!![/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[signature]
Sign me up last year was a great time.
[signature]
Put my name on the list again. Same boat as last year and one veteran.
[signature]
Two years ago I took out a vet and his wife, and it was a great time for everyone, and we even caught some fish. I want to do it again, but I want to wait to make sure that day will work for me before I commit.
[signature]
Sign me up! I can take two in my boat with me and a crew member.
[signature]
Please sign me up:
Shane Bennett
18.5' walleye
1 vet
[signature]
Trevor, I would like to volunteer. Don't have a boat I feel is large enough or stable enough to support someone that may have some handicap. But would like to help out wherever I could be used on shore. Sending PM
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
[quote WiperMac][font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[center][font "Calibri"]2017 Utah Disabled Veteran Fishing Event[/font][/center]

[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[font "Calibri"]Where: Soldier Creek Marina, Soldier Creek Recreation Area, Strawberry Reservoir[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
Having only been on Strawberry twice over 10 years ago, is this the main marina ? Or another one. How would I get here from say, Heber City?
[signature]

Cool
Fred,

you will just continue past the Strawberry Marina an additional 9 or 10 miles if coming out of Heber. View the map in full screen, if not the two markers may shift.

Thanks for your support!!!
[signature]
[quote WiperMac]Fred,

you will just continue past the Strawberry Marina an additional 9 or 10 miles if coming out of Heber. View the map in full screen, if not the two markers may shift.

Thanks for your support!!![/quote]

And if you come to the Solider Creek Dam turn off sign then you have went to far. Then turn around and go back about 3/4 of a mile for the turnoff to the ramp.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
OK, thanks. (I'm not sure who Fred is) but thanks anyway
[Wink]
[signature]

Cool
Will be in Wis celebrating my Dad's 90th birthday which is July 15th. Plan on spending a week fishing with him at his cabin in Northern Wis. Hope you all have a great time. [cool]
[signature]
Bump[Smile]
[signature]
Still in need of a lot of boat captains. Please come out and help, I promise you won't regret it![Smile]
[signature]
I would bring my boat but I had shoulder surgery and will not be able to even fish till August..
[signature]
Sorry to hear about your shoulders Cliff. My fishing partner is looking at a double shoulder surgery as well.
[signature]
Why so early in fishing? It was held in August.
[signature]
Sign me up I can take 2 vets
[signature]
[quote bassrods]Why so early in fishing? It was held in August.[/quote]

Cliff,

I'm not in charge of scheduling the dates but for the last five years the event has only been in August once. Hopefully by next year you'll be up and running and be able to come play with us.

2013- July 27
2014- Aug 2
2015- July 11
2016- July 30
2017- July 15
[signature]
Got ya on the list. Thanks!!!!![Wink]
[signature]