Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Sonar Video
As I upgrade my electronics I want to make sure I get the most out of them because as you know Sonars are not cheap. Searching for tips on installation and setup I ran across this video that I think a lot of folks on this board could use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw_AGEjzR-4
[signature]
I set mine up that way
[signature]
That's very interesting. I've never given any thought to getting the transducer perfectly level. I'm sure Fred's just eyeballed it when they installed my new unit, and I haven't touched it since. I also need to give some thought to my other one, which is mounted on my Minn Kota motor. That one could be running way off level, since I'm sure the shaft flexes a certain amount.
[signature]
MC,

That is exactly what I thought as well. Probably going to have to level it twice, once for the trolling motor mount and the other for the rear mount. I am sure they sit at different angle depending on where my 285lb butt is located in the boat.
[signature]
Great video, thanks for sharing the link with us. I thought I leveled mine when I installed it, because I leveled my boat in my garage but now I see that I should have done it on the water first, I'll have to check that out the next time I have my boat out.
[signature]
Great video, thanks for posting. I have struggled getting my current transducer level and I still think it needs a little tweaking. Now I know how to do it right. One challenge I have is that if I am using side imaging I have to raise my outboard a little so that it doesn't block my side image. It likely sets in the water a little different when it is anchored up. I just need to get my boat back from Lee's Marine so that I can do it.
[signature]
You might already know this Kent but for those that don't, side imaging does not work when you are anchored up. Hope you get your boat back soon.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]

You might already know this Kent but for those that don't, side imaging does not work when you are anchored up.

[/quote]

Yes I know that; however, 360 degree imagining would work, when I am anchored up, if I spent a small fortune and bought the 360 transducer (that transducer will work with my fish finder). My point was the boat will not sit in the water the same when I am trolling, with the trim raised a little, and when I am anchored up. As a result, it is likely my transducer can not be positioned so that is level for both trolling and when anchored up.
[signature]