Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 5/25
Took my wife and son up to Jordanelle this morning. We fished from shore in the day use area. Reeled in two rainbows on powerbait, both between 14-16 inches. Had a third taker I missed because I was distracted by my son. Wind eventually irritated my wife enough she called it a day. We fished probably 3-4 hours combined, but a good majoroty of the time was spend minding the little one. Water level is the highest I have seen it in years. Drove over to Rockcliff arm and watched a couple people in a drift boat reel in a couple on flies. Next time I will drag my Gregor up and explore the Rockcliff arm a bit more. [fishon]
[signature]
Thanks. I plan on visiting Jordanelle later this summer for the first time.
[signature]
Although it was not me yesturday, we have been boating like 6-15 fish fishing for a few hours between 4pm and 6pm from the drift boat. All on green streamers
[signature]
What's the water temp? Are the bass getting active?
[signature]
[quote MBM1969]What's the water temp? Are the bass getting active?[/quote]

I didn't have a thermometer, but my guess is mid 50's. It didnt feel super cold when i filled my bubbles. A buddy of mine has been bank tangling up there the last few weekends and his kids have picked up a few bass while reeling in pink powerbait. (weird)
[signature]
Is the day use area on the west side? Would that be the best spot to take paddleboards and set up some chairs? I know some of the area can be steep, but I'm thinkin' about going by the north side.

A bad day fishin' is better'n'a good day at the office!
[signature]
In my experience, which is mostly by boat, the Hailstone area (middle west) is the best access. There used to be access in the North East corner, which was a walk, that was free. Hailstone and Rockcliff you need to pay the State Park fee. Less shore access in the Rock Cliff area, though I've had them only charge me once because it's the same State Park. Also you can buy a yearly State Park pass for a lot of reservoirs besides Jordanelle which is worth it ($75 or $35 Senior, just go to https://stateparks.utah.gov/resources/passes/). I wish they'd make Strawberry Reservoir a State Park, or make an all State Pass to both Federal owned Land/Reservoirs and State Parks? I won't say much more because it's a different subject. Yes the Hailstone area is best for paddle boards and chairs. Hope you have a good time.
[signature]