Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah lake advice?
I think I might head down there after this weekend and try for some cats. My usual spots that I have been fishing on the Bear need to settle down because I have been fishing them pretty hard.
I am taking my 12 foot boat down and wondering where the best place to launch is and is not too crowded, and $ to launch. I hate being so close to suburbia and all the crazies but I have been seeing some nice catfish being pulled out of there and can't help but to try it myself.
I hope nobody tries to boat-jack me or steals my three eyed fish, if I catch anything at all.
Just a general area on where to get started so I'm not just exploring all day. Thanks
[signature]
[#0000FF]I am attaching a Utah Lake map pack.

Figure about $8 to launch at American Fork or Lindon. Both fishing well for cats and other species.

Utah Lake is a State Park so your pass will get you in there.

Lincoln Beach is a Utah County Park and there are no launch fees. Also usually less traffic and usually pretty good cattin'.

If you would like more info on any of the areas shoot me a PM and I can provide more detailed info on best spots to fish, etc.

If you are heading for Lincoln Beach get hold of BLK and arrange a two boat guided trip. I know he would like to meet you and share some info with ya. Just be sure you check your tires before you leave.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000FF]I am attaching a Utah Lake map pack.

Figure about $8 to launch at American Fork or Lindon. Both fishing well for cats and other species.

Utah Lake is a State Park so your pass will get you in there.

Lincoln Beach is a Utah County Park and there are no launch fees. Also usually less traffic and usually pretty good cattin'.

If you would like more info on any of the areas shoot me a PM and I can provide more detailed info on best spots to fish, etc.

If you are heading for Lincoln Beach get hold of BLK and arrange a two boat guided trip. I know he would like to meet you and share some info with ya. Just be sure you check your tires before you leave.
[/#0000FF][/quote]

I wouldn't mind some info on how and where to get my wife on some non stop white bass action. I just got my 15 hp running and would love to get out on the water this afternoon to give it a good run in.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Sorry. I left my magic wand in my Sunday pants and they are at the cleaners.

While there have been some reports of "decent" white bass action, the truth is that their numbers are way down from former years and the fishing is not nearly as good as it has been at times.

Most of the schooling bass are up in the tributaries spawning right now...Provo River, etc. You may find small groups of them out off the mouths of these inlets but it is spotty. Some of the better possibilities would be around the mouth of the American River...at American Fork Harbor...the mouth of Battle Creek just north of Lindon...and around the Provo River inlet at the Provo Harbor.

Good luck.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
SS-- Stay out of Utah County unless you are sight seeing. No catfishing. Catch your 30+ inch cats in your Bear River.[mad]

Just joshin' ya man. Be glad to meet ya and fish with ya. If you make it as far as Lincoln, give me a shout and I'll get you pointed in the "right" direction. Last week was great for cattin', windy weather has put them into hibernation today.

White bass fishing was a fish every-other-cast last week in any rocky area along the shore in Goshen Bay. I caught a couple dozen right at Mulberry. Went back today after cats and/or wb and the wind was terrible -- couldn't even get on the water with the boat and shore fishing was not possible. A calm day or two and things should fire up again.

Next week for sure.

BLK
[signature]
Thanks for the detailed information! You da man!
That really helps me out alot, maybe I won't get lost as easy. I've always tried to avoid that place because of some of the stories I heard. When I get back I will post up a report.

I will keep a close eye on my tires and make sure no truck with a BFT sticker on it is snooping around!
[signature]
Fishing really slowed down up here to for some reason. Just one is all I want but I have a feeling I'm going to do alot of sight seeing!
That write up that TD attached sure will help though.

For sure have to meet up when I go try it out, be nice because it seems like your always out there fishing, catching them monster cats! Don't have a date set yet, but it will be next week after the holiday when everybody is at work.
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000FF]Sorry. I left my magic wand in my Sunday pants and they are at the cleaners.

While there have been some reports of "decent" white bass action, the truth is that their numbers are way down from former years and the fishing is not nearly as good as it has been at times.

Most of the schooling bass are up in the tributaries spawning right now...Provo River, etc. You may find small groups of them out off the mouths of these inlets but it is spotty. Some of the better possibilities would be around the mouth of the American River...at American Fork Harbor...the mouth of Battle Creek just north of Lindon...and around the Provo River inlet at the Provo Harbor.

Good luck.
[/#0000FF][/quote]

Thanks for the suggestions! My son came down with the flu, so it squashed my weekend plans...but there is always next weekend! I have caught a few WB over the years while fishing the river near the pump house or on the lake side of the flood control gates, but would really like to get into them like some of the videos I see posted on youtube (fish every other cast type thing). I know my wife and son would have a blast if I could figure it out.
[signature]