Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blind-friendly fishing location
Hello All,
I am taking a friend fishing tomorrow. He is blind and has a heart condition, so I want to go to a place that has easy access for shore fishing. I'd like to not travel more than 90 minutes from SLC and I'd like to take him to a place other than a community pond.

One friend suggested Silver Lake, and I love that suggestion. Anyone know if that place has ice on still?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
[signature]
I have seen trucks drive right down to the water's edge, on the east side of Echo. People are fishing from shore. That would be on the dam side of the boat ramp. I'm sure those in charge would be very accommodating if you explain your situation. Trout, perch and bass, along with an occasional cat fish. It is a sandy beach so no rocks to fall on. Fishing report as I remember has been good. Hope this helps.
[signature]
The North dike at the Utah Lake State Park has a handicapped pier that one can drive right up to.
[signature]
Thanks for the tips. Turns out we postponed our trip to June 12th in the evening -- he couldn't go tomorrow. I'll discuss these ideas with him and we'll decide what's best.
Chatting with him today, I found out he's never caught a fish in Utah, so the pressure is on to help him experience success. He's only fished here once; and prior to that, he fished once when he was 3 or 4 years old.

He's fine with the outing and we'll have a blast regardless, but I want him to feel the tugs, of course!

[bobhappy]
[signature]
Should you decide to escape the heat later in june , there is a disabilities dock at bouldger lake just above electric lake on top of fairveiw canyon. You can deive right to the dock. It was put in specifically to help people like your friend. It's about an hour and a half drive from slc
[signature]
Lonnie meant to type Boulger Reservoir and it is probably closer to 2 1/2 hour drive from SLC that 1 1/2 hour drive.
[signature]