Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Registering a toon
Just have a few questions in hoping to get.so I'm registering my toon this week and was wondering what all will I need.and will I need to have insurance on it
[signature]
[#0000FF]First of all, call ahead to make sure you will be going to one of the DMV locations that register watercraft. Not all do.

Take your bill of sale so they can charge you tax on the purchase (one time only). Take a picture of your craft for description purposes...also showing there is no hull number on the craft. They have to issue one to you.

No insurance necessary.

Your first year fees will be higher by the amount of the tax on your craft. Every year thereafter it will be about $60. (same as for the power squadron beasts) Ridiculous.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thank you I wasn't sure about the insurance thing I need to get a bill of sale(I bought mine off ksl) and I know I need to have a police officer come do a no vin number check.I tried looking but can't find it on my pontoon.and when I do go to register it I will be there right when they open so I'm not there all day lol.
[signature]
[#0000FF]They are getting smart enough by now to realize there are no hull numbers on an inflated craft. So probably not necessary for the police inspection thing. I have registered several craft over the past few years and usually just having a picture will suffice.

Again, just be sure to verify in advance that the office you go to handles watercraft registrations. Only a couple or three do so.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
The DMV at 380 W 2880 S, has always done mine. I never called ahead though. More spur of moment. Bill of sale and a picture.
[signature]