Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owyhee 06/07/2017
Going to do a 4 generation fishing trip at Owyhee tomorrow. . Sure hope they are still biting over there, or grandpa and grandson might get bored. . I plan to take my fly rod and hit the river a little on the morning.
[signature]
Crappie everywhere
The best we found were on the west end of the island in the elbow.
Look for the transition.
We caught white and black.
Good luck!
[signature]
Sweet! What size are the crappie running over there?
[signature]
Was there Monday. Fish had moved around from last Thursday but still plenty of willing biters. Started about a mile from the dock and wound up about 3 miles from the dock. Didnt seem to matter pretty much OK all along, but in pockets with nothing in between. Mostly Crappies like someone said mixture of black and white. Had a few bass all largemouths nothing to write home about. Great lake good luck.
[signature]
We ended up catching over 1000 crappie (kept 100 for dinners). We were catching doubles most of the casts. Most of them were fairly small.
I have a question for the bass guys. We saw bass everywhere right on top of the water, and packed in groups tight to shore. We tried dozens of different things, but not a single one would bite. We tried top water, jigs, soft bass baits, plugs. Why won't they bite.
I do have a little experience catching bass. Two weeks ago at Anderson, I caught a ton.
[signature]
How small is fairly small? 7", 8-9"? Haven't been out to owyhee in years. I do remember the crappie being smaller there than CJ and brownlee.
[signature]
The crappie ranged from 5" to 8". Only 30 to 40 out of over 1000 fish were in the 7 to 8 inch range. There were even some that barely made 3 "
[signature]