Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear River
Flows have settled down alot and the river has dropped about a foot. Fishing for cats has been steady but no monsters during the day. Going to try it tonight in my boat at the refuge and see how it goes. Been fishing up by Corrine but dinged up my prop on a sunken car so time to try new spots.
If anybody is out that way, give a wave but not a one finger wave if you see me pass by.
[signature]
Been contemplating putting my boat on the river below the bird refuge. Saw a truck with a small trailer at the ramp pull off area before you get to the end of the road last Sunday. Was that yours?
I've been on the river area near Corrine, years ago in a rented flat bottom boat with no sonar. Got high centered on an old bridge piling. No damage fortunately, but made me real leery of putting my own boat on that river. But the area out past the refuge seems to be a bit better maintained, or at least less junk dumped.
May give it a try in a couple weeks. Just don't want to risk damaging the Tin Can before my trip to UL the 20th. Hate to disappoint TubeDude on a chance to show me how it's done down there [laugh].
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Yeah that was probably me. Beat up looking trailer? I'm usually out there every other day, or try to be. You're right about the junk, the farmers out there think it is their own personal trash bin or something. Just got to be real careful when the river is low. Right now ain't bad but when it gets low I will switch my engine to my long tail that I use for duck hunting. I actually sunk my 12 foot aluminum boat last year up by the town of Bear River. I hit a submerged log and down she went. Had to borrow my buddies boat and make a grapple to drag the bottom, of course it was in the deepest part of the river (20 feet). Finally towed it out but lost alot of tackle.
Make sure when you go down to U.L with those guys you bring that elusive 36" cat back up North!
[signature]