Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North boat ramp on UL?
Messing around on google maps and found what looks to be a small boat ramp near the pump house in Saratoga. Anyone ever been back there? Or is it all private? Sure would be nice to launch right there instead of driving over to the east side of the lake.
[signature]
launched there many times

its actually has been improved when they reworked the pumps the last couple of years

The pumpmaster has his own launch and it is private
[signature]
Thanks! Looks like I need to meet the pump master!
[signature]
The ramp is used for maintenance and trash removal from the intakes of the pumps. It is not open to the public and I doubt that you will be able to gain access. The real story is that when Saratoga Springs took over the ramp at the old access, they also closed off a public access ramp that was part of the existing ramp. DWR and FWS owned part of the ramp and the public had access to it. As part of the deal, Saratoga Springs built the Pelican Bay ramp, which is nice, but you still do not have a public ramp on the North end of the lake, so when the wind blows, you have no place to launch. It really sucks big time.
"but you still do not have a public ramp on the North end of the lake, so when the wind blows, you have no place to launch."

[#0000FF]Last time I checked (2 weeks ago) the American Fork Harbor was still on the north side...and still open.[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I'm with Tube Dude

Lindon Harbor as of Last week is still open too

It's on the north end
[signature]
Thanks for the input guys, I was hoping to cut out some drive time but until pelican is back open looks like I'll be putting in at A/F. Anybody run mill race out to Provo bay yet this year?
[signature]
If those are the canals by the university ave. exit then yes. Was there Sunday. Water is 2-3' deep out as far as I went. Lots of john boats running it with their long shafts.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
I use AF harbor all the time, but when the wind is blowing, it is a nasty run up and back to the outlet and points north. The old Saratoga Ramp made fishing on the very north end much easier when the wind is blowing out of the North. !!
Those are the ones. I've about got my new longtail about done so I figured that'd be a good test run for the cavitation plate. Hopefully I can get it all welded up this weekend and ready for next.
[signature]