Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Sat Morning after the Friday Wind
I have been watching the weather and wind forecasts with an eagle eye. As they predicted, Friday evening was very windy. As they predicted, Saturday morning was very calm.

So I and some friends tried trolling some previously successful deep divers. We only landed two small walleyes ... just short of a "skunk".

I can only figure that the low pressure that is fighting the high pressure might have turned off the bite. Also, because of the wind, the water wasn't clear.

I even had a hard time finding fish.

So there you have it ... my two best excuses.

How did everyone else do today?
[signature]
Was it crowded because of free fishing day.

Don't you fish Strawberry anymore.
[signature]
It aint just you man We are still less than 1/2 way to double digits on wiper this year! The 2 we boated today is better than a skunk, but for the last three or four years, today would have been considered a horrible day!

Its been a very slow year for us all! Almost depressing seeing how we just bought a small farm up in Perry and will be living a couple miles from the north marina! lol, It'll get better, and hey, still better than yard work!
[signature]
It was definitely NOT crowded because of free fishing day.

I prefer to fish the Berry July - November. Till then, it's Willard and the Gorge.
[signature]
Congrats on the new place Tom.[Smile]
[signature]
We were out on Friday with little to breeze at all. What breeze there was came from the north, we were off the water by 2. Our day ended with 2 walleyes 4 wipers and a catfish. Our best lure was a worm harness trolled about 2.5-3mph in 20 plus feet of water. I blamed the full moon on the slow fishing.
[signature]