Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*LOST HIP PACK in Springville*
Hi all,

My husband lost his hip pack this past Saturday 6/17 off the 1st Springville exit (1400) at a public access point where hobble creek runs into the lake, just south of the 1400 North exit in Springville (small fenced-off parking area with an access ladder). He left it on top of our car and when we pulled out of the tiny parking lot area it must have slid off the car onto the road. It's a hip pack that is couple different shades of brown and is full of his hand-tied flies and tools. It is of great sentimental value to him as some of the flies were tied by his brother. Unfortunately it has no identifying information inside it, so whoever found it would have no way of knowing who's it was. Please call or text me (Chelsea) at 801-598-5225 if you have any knowledge of it's whereabouts. Thank you so much!
[signature]
Hey be sure to post this on KSL, you never know.

Hope it turns up!
[signature]
yes definitely! we posted it on KSL the day it happened as well. Thank you Smile
[signature]
[quote c.lang]Hi all,

My husband lost his hip pack this past Saturday 6/17 off the 1st Springville exit at a public access point where the Provo river feeds into Utah Lake. He left it on top of our car and when we pulled out of the tiny parking lot area it must have slid off the car onto the road. It's a hip pack that is couple different shades of brown and is full of his hand-tied flies and tools. It is of great sentimental value to him as some of the flies were tied by his brother. Unfortunately it has no identifying information inside it, so whoever found it would have no way of knowing who's it was. Please call or text me (Chelsea) at 801-598-5225 if you have any knowledge of it's whereabouts. Thank you so much![/quote]

The Provo river is well north of anything related to Springville. Are you talking about where hobble creek runs into the lake, just south of the 1400 North exit in Springville (small fenced-off parking area with an access ladder) or the mill-race access north of the same exit? I'm probably headed to one or both of them sometime this week.

Matt
[signature]
Hi Matt,

The first spot you mentioned sounds the most accurate! A small dirt lot with a fence and stairs/ladder access. It has a big sign once you go over the ladder that shows you pictures of the June Sucker fish. Hopefully this helps? We think someone probably just picked it up, as it was most likely just sitting in the road or just to the side of that little parking lot. Unfortunately none of his fly boxes were labeled and nothing in there would have led someone to be able to find us. Thanks for looking for us, we appreciate you Smile
[signature]