Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek or the Berry?
So, the last two months, I've been playing softball leagues and tournaments like a madman and I'm about burned out for a minute. I want to take the wife and kids and bank tangle with some trout. I know both lakes decently well and have this Sunday off for softball but I'm bailing on it in favor of fishing. Any suggestions on which would be better right now for a relaxing day of hucking powerbait for trout? Am leaning toward the berry since if fishing slows the kids can catch crawdads which they've never done before. Which do you folks think would be better?
[signature]
The so,deer creek side right by the dam usually does not let me down when I have garlic flavored power bait. Have it float a few feet from the sinker and watch the rainbows pounce it.
[signature]
I used to fish the other side of the dam out to that first point and do well on powerbait and then toss stuff for the smallies over there. Thanks for the info.

Anyone fishing Wallsburg from shore? Used to float tube that dragging maribou and catch a lot of trout. Can't really do that with the wife and two young boys though.

Is nobody fishing Strawberry from shore? Her dad and I fished the soldier creek side from shore last year and did ok on cutts and bows off the rocky shorelines but I haven't been since probably September of last year. No access to a boat or we'd probably be out there trolling.
[signature]