Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead 6/23
Hit the lake. Had intentions of some night fishing, but screw that. Too many damn bugs for me.

We hit the lake late, about 7:15pm and headed to the wash. Saw a small boil outside Boulder harbor. Got to the wash and immediately found shad action and knew the stripers were not far behind. Got into a pretty good boil for about 30-45 minutes along the walls before Government wash.

Lots of small ones that we threw back (12" and smaller) and they were all caught on swimbaits. Switched to a Zara Spook and caugh some decent size 1-3 lb fish. Came home with 8 (had some gear issues, should have had many more). Threw back another 10 small ones.
[signature]
That's a good day from shore.

Tom
[signature]
HAH, make me feel shippy! From a boat. We only had about an hour of actual fishing though so Ill take it. About to head out with kids, let them have a little fun with the action.
[signature]
Bugs made me think shore. Lol

I only caught two last time out so you're killing it compared to me.

Avoiding the heat these days and hiding in the house bored to death.

Tom
[signature]
Ive been out after dark on the boat fishing 3 times now in the last month. Bugs have been TERRIBLE even on the water unless you are a 1/2 mile from a shoreline. Its to the point where I do not want to go. Hate the bugs.

We did hit the water last night. Marked lots of fish, there was a little shad action on the top but no boils. We did a lot of trolling with no luck.
[signature]
I've never been on the water later than dinner time or so. Would of never guessed of bug issues. Good to know.

Pondering maybe hitting the lake next weekend. We shall see. Heat/wind dependant. This house arrest stuff is killing me. Soooooooo bored. Lol. Enough of this heat!

(Off subject - Good luck on the reloading endeavor. Fun stuff once past the learning curve.)

Tom
[signature]
Stalkers.... On the net.... The real reason you are on house arrest! [cool]

I am heading to cooler air this weekend, try my hand at some high elevation trout. Have my sights set on a lake @ 10k elevation w/ Cutthroat. 85 for a high, 50 low in Taos.
[signature]
[cool]

When one is bored they surf the net [Wink]

Betting it starts with a "K". Pondered it too the last couple weeks. Sure is a loooong day doing that as a one day trip and then the gas used towing a boat that far for a one day trip.

Cutthroat are ok but Rainbows are 10x the battle (at least on flyrods). But the typical catch ratio up there is 1 RB for every 10 Cutthroats or so.

Poor flyrods never even got used last year and unless I make a trip this year somewhere up in the Utah mountains they won't get used this year... All the $$$ tied up into them and in particular a complete set-up for Madi that has only been used once.

Tom
[signature]
[cool]I have the same problem with my flyrods/equipment. But I have been taking out my 6wt. to mead and getting into some action. Though it has been a few months I will be taking it out very soon.
[signature]