Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Wisconsin Bros.
Two of my bros.(from Wis.) were here for a little Utah fishing, so I took them trolling on Thurs. (Strawberry) and Fri. (Willard Bay)...Had them do the reeling in honors, and we did fair at Strawberry, 1 good sized koke, 7 cutts,and 1 good rainbow....all caught shallow, about 10 to 20'....too many boats spooking fish in one of my fave spots, so we kept moving around, finally doing our best back toward the Marina....fun A.M.....they'd never seen a koke or cutt before....
Fri. early we went to Willard and did pretty good, catching and releasing 10 hard fighting Wipers, and catching and not releasing 2 nicer walleyes, which are destined for the frying pan....they'd also never seen a Wiper before, and were rightly impressed when fighting them......We were the 2nd boat to hit The Island area, but when 3 or 4 more showed up, we headed West and continued to do alright.....Great grilled Koke and Cutts Thurs. nite, and I think I took them back to the airport today with a good impression of 2 of my favorite fishing ponds.....All caught at Willard were shallow, 7 to 12'....Guluk....
[signature]
Sounds like a great couple of days, thanks for the info.
[signature]
thanks for the post sound like a good time ! i am due to hit WB sound like wiper fest is on!
[signature]
Sounds like they had a good time out here Joe, I'm headed back home to Wis. on the 5th for two weeks, first week will be spent fishing up at Dad's cabin near Ashland looking forward to some great bass and northern pike fishing and some delicious frog legs. Second week will be spent down home in Deer park Wis. where we will celebrate his 90th birthday on the 15th. Looking forward to some good cold Wis. beer, take care and have a great 4th. [cool][cool]
[signature]
Yeah, sometimes I really miss those beer and brats days, fishing 'Up North' at Pelican Lake, or the Eau Plaine Flowage in Central Wis.....good place to have grown up in.....hope to get back there next year....my bros. better put on a good fishing show for me!!....good luck to you on your visit....
[signature]