Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huntington (Mammoth) Reservoir
I was torn whether I should fish Starvation or Mammoth today. I saw the weather forecast for Duchesne and my mind was made up. 90's vs 70's it was a no brainer.[Wink]

I fished from my tube starting at 6:30 and fished until 2:30 using a fast sinking (#8) line and size 6 bead head crystal buggers in tan/green/pearl and a size 6 bead head black/orange woolly bugger.

The water temperature was 57-61 degrees and the visibility in the water of about 8'. The reservoir is full and spilling along with all the other reservoirs in the area. It's nice to see them all full.

I caught all tiger trout from 12" to 18" long. Three of the fish were in the 18" range and the rest of them were between 12" - 13" long. Most of the fish came from deeper water and they were suspended between 18' - 24' down.

It was not fast fishing but it was nice to fish somewhere I didn't have to keep throwing water on myself to stay cool.[Smile]
[signature]
nice, I was up there about 2 weeks ago. we did good for some bigger tigers jigging the north west end. water was really murky and the run off was high.. has it cleared up any?
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I will be there Monday.
[signature]
[quote fuzzyfisher]nice, I was up there about 2 weeks ago. we did good for some bigger tigers jigging the north west end. water was really murky and the run off was high.. has it cleared up any?[/quote]

I put in near the middle of the reservoir and everywhere I fished the visibility in the water was between 7' - 9'. I went toward the inlet and got most of the way up there and it was still pretty clear.
[signature]
Glad to hear you caught some. I went out in my tube last Friday and didn't have any luck unfortunately. I usually do well with a plain black marabou jig, but this time it wasn't meant to be. Tried a few different things but no luck.
[signature]
I have done well with dark colored leeches in the past but they weren't interested in them yesterday. I saw the gentleman in the tube catch one using lures but I did not see any of the shore anglers catch anything.

I covered about five miles in my tube and there were a lot of locations that I did mark any fish.

One side note, the deer flies are starting to show up.[:/]
[signature]