Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Slow
3 days, 6 Laker Pups, 5 Small Kokanee, 1 Rainbow, 1 Cutthroat. That was a rough weekend at the gorge. It seemed like we moved around everywhere to try to catch fish with very limited success. Went from Squaw Hollow, to Anvil, to Pipeline, to Swimbeach, to Antelope Flats, to Hideout. Threw the tackle box at them with very little success. Good luck! [fishin]
[signature]
i was there from friday to sunday ,friday was great fishing saturday everything just died ,started improving sunday .
[signature]
I was there from Saturday to Monday. Sounds like I missed the best day. [Wink][fishon]
[signature]
i don't know what killed the bite but saturday was hell, but was awesome weather for fishing .
[signature]
We actually did petty well then from the sounds of it. 4 of us did a day trip basically. Got to the lake around Mid night and slept in the boat and got up early and launched before the Derby started. Had limits of Kokanee for all of us by 10:00am and got 2 rainbows to boot. Some really healthy Kokes never weighed them but nice. At 10:01 it was like there wasn't a fish in the lake. Fish finder wasn't even picking up fish. Your right about the weather couldn't have been nicer. Back to the Marina by 1:00 and headed home. Very fast trip but I needed to feed the addiction and couldn't wait any longer.
[signature]
i actually got 2 smaller kokes in the boat .1 cutt,a few bows before noon , then went back to my koke spot in the morning and hooked 2 more nice kokes and lost several more , but we covered a lot of water and it was a major grind , my friend went out early friday and had 3 limints of kokanee in about 30 minutes , so quite a big differance from one day to the next .
[signature]