Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attn: BFT Members, please read!!!
Done, didn't realize I had 4 pages.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2][quote IYAAYAS611]Can Admin remove some of the previous Utah Fishing General threads? Say 2007 and back? It goes all the way to 2002. I don't think there are that many nostalgic fisher-persons out there. Fish for the present, not the past.[/quote]

Yes we can but the owner of the site did not ask us to do that, so we are simply doing as we were ask. You never know what will come next but I think the attachments and pics in the PM's are the biggest issue. I will pass along what you said.[/quote]

Please also pass along my comments.

I hope I win the race against time for me to save my private messages because they are memories, friends and contacts which will soon be even more important now that I have a vehicle with superior off road capabilities and I'm getting a Utah State Parks year pass to use with plenty of saved up vacation time. But, at the moment I'm pressed for time and can't archive my private messages yet plus it's more of a challenge on my tablet.

I use our archives with searches. It doesn't matter that it's posted long ago as reservoirs are still there and techniques and information about fish and more is just as valid today as then. It's very valuable and a major attraction to our BFT. But, unlike me being able to archive my own private messages, that would be lost because it's beyond my means to archive the earlier years of BFT, so my comment is please let's keep it.

Who wants to go fishing with me?
[signature]
We decided to do a poll, to see how many members want to keep those old post made during those early years of BFT, please vote and let us know what you think:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...17269#last
[signature]
I try to keep up on the deletion of old PM's. Didn't think of the sent messages. I had 66 pages so I just hit the delete all button. No more sent messages.
[signature]
Done
[signature]
Sent messages before deletion: 303 pages
Sent message after deletion: 0 pages

Received messages before deletion: 248 pages
Received messages after deletion: 1 message

I tried to save several other received messages but the software didn't work as it should and only saved one message.[frown]

A suggestion: For anyone who hasn't logged on in over a year, delete all of their sent and received private messages.
[signature]
Deleted mine.
[signature]
Another idea that may help would be to send out a mass private message to clean up what people have in the messages.

If they have it set up to notify them by email when a pm comes in it could reach people that may not sign in as often.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
[quote a_bow_nut]Another idea that may help would be to send out a mass private message to clean up what people have in the messages.

If they have it set up to notify them by email when a pm comes in it could reach people that may not sign in as often.[/quote]

There is no way to do that on this site unless done 1 at a time.

They ask that we keep this post up on the first page, so those that don't log on often will see it and hopefully delete their PM's, both received and sent, thanks everyone.
[signature]
I keep mine for late night reading and chuckles. I sure pissed off a lot of people and it makes me feel good inside. Their tears taste sooo great!
[signature]