Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Busted Trip
[#0000FF]I had a "play date" set with WH2 at the south marina at Willard this morning. I was through the gate just after 6 and watched for Curt to drive up in his truck and boat. And watched and watched. No Curt, no truck, no boat.

About 6:30 I began to wonder if I had botched the meetup spot...and maybe he had said NORTH marina. Made a fast drive north...around the parking area...still no Curt.

Got back to the south marina. Still no Curt. Called my wife to see if he had called my home phone to let me know if something had happened. She said no (even though there was a message waiting on my phone).

While I was standing beside my vehicle...looking expectantly off into the distance...a guy in a truck pulled up and asked if I was waiting for someone towing a boat. He said there was a truck and boat pulled off to the side of the road just before the south marina turnoff.

Hoping it wasn't WH2...or if it was that there was not something major...I headed south...watching across the highway. Sure enough. There was the truck and boat. I got off the freeway at 2700 N. and came back up and parked behind the boat.

Poor Curt. He was frazzlecated. Transmission had frozen up and he barely was able to coast off the highway before coming to a complete stop. Said he had someone coming to tow him so I just commiserated with him a few more minutes and headed back to Salt Lake.

Glad naps are legal for old fishermen who get up early. It was already a long day...without fishing.

Good luck Curt. Ouch.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks for understanding Pat. I just got the truck in the drive way. Gene( ) towed me off the Freeway, then towed my boat home, the trans was making so much noise in just the mile tow, getting it off the Freeway, I thought it best to call a tow truck, to get it home. Now for the expensive part, getting it fixed[crazy].
[signature]
[#0000FF]Being understanding is no problem. Not many (if any) of us has never experienced catastrophes that ruined a fishing trip. Just ask Kent.

By the way, the difference between "problem" and "catastrophe" is this: A "problem" is when something happens to someone else. When that same thing happens to you it's a "catastrophe".

Glad you got your boat home and your truck towed. Hope you been saving up a lot of aluminum cans to help pay for the repairs.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Okay being new to this site I have to ask. What happened to Kent. I saw from another thread that he held up a boat ramp for a few hours a year or so ago. Did he forget to put the car in park and set the brake?
[signature]
[#0000FF]Happily, I was not a part of that episode. But as I recall, it was a mechanical failure in the emergency brake sytem...not an oversight on Kent's part. Kent is conscientious and semi meticulous in his planning and preparation. But, as we all know, stuff happens...even to the best of guys...in spite of all precautions.

Over the years we have all learned to expect a bit of drama from many of Kent's excursions...chasing deer through the woods in his vehicle, having his tent and other gear go airborne in high winds, etc. Since many of his trips include taking along fellow BFTers for the first time, I suspect he plans some of those things just to add an element of excitement to the trips.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]