Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutthroat relocation program
Tuesday I invited two of my coworkers to fish on Strawberry for kokanee. They are both newbies - one (Chad) had been with me once before and the other guy (Mark) was a first timer. I tried to teach them to use the downriggers by themselves while I drove the boat. We were using 4 rods, stacking on 2 downriggers - yeah that is pretty optimistic for newbies and it was sometimes a fire drill. Anyway after a while they were doing pretty good. The only thing was Mark was getting Koke bites pretty steady - didn't always get them in, but he was enjoying the action. Chad however was not. He went close to an hour without a hit and I finally told him to bring up and check. To his amazement, one line had a 17 inch cutt and the other a 9 inch cutt. Not sure how far they took a free ride, but we decided it was the cutthroat relocation program. [cool]
Ended the day with 7 kokanee before being blown off the lake. I didn't fish as I had my limit from the day before.
[signature]
I would like to relocate all cutthroats in Utah........to another state!
[signature]
I thought I might get a response from the BGuy. In fact I thought of you when it was happening. I don't mind them being in the water as long as they leave my offering alone. If they will control the chubs, I'll give em a pass... and a free ride across the lake.
[signature]
Now that's funny!
[signature]
when i fish the berry i always check my lines a lot for just that reason , cutts seem to have a knack of getting hooked with out the rod tip moving and then following for hrs. dang things
[signature]
Our group relocated a few today using side planers. Poor fish took a grand tour of the lake and somehow didn't pop the flag on the planer.
[signature]
Cutts have the weakest tug per pound on the planet! I don't know where they find the wherewithall or strength to chase down and eat a chub.
[signature]
Just like a dang teenager. Just follow along with the crowd. Doesn't matter where or what, just to be in the group.
Could be that they are related to most all politicians.
To me they are a lot like a Mac. They seem to just mouth it and go with it.
[signature]