Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strawberry koke bite 7/1
had another great trip to strawberry ,arrived at 7am to find the bite for kokes slow , but the cutts were as pesky as ever , found fish all over the water column but once again spread out .
we trolled the main part of the bay using everything in my box trying to get a good koke bite, but the only thing concomitant was the rmt cotton candy squid and 5.5 orange sunrise dodger .25 feet in the morning 35 feet after 12 noon . end the day with 12 good sized kokanee in the boat, let go a bunch of cutts and lost a few kokes ,
it was a great day with light boat traffic and great weather with no wind all day .
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Those are some great looking kokes. I'm heading up there on Wednesday and will be there until Saturday and hoping to find some of those beauties for the smoker.
[/#][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
i here you , i smoked 17 fish yesterday , i'm \taking the grand kids up tomorrow . if any ones there i can always be reached on the radio on 16 . that will be the last trip til the dav event which should be awsome if you like catching fish with others of like mind
[Smile]
[signature]
I'm headed up tomorrow as well, I'm taking the 2 vets I took out last year. Going to prefish for the DAV event as well.
[signature]
That is the only thing I did not try and I was looking at it but came home at 10:30 am
koke catching I think is slowing down we have been catching 12 kokes by 9:30 (once it took till 11:30)
and I go 3 time a week but but catching was slow to day today.
[signature]
we were up there again today and found the catching tough still ended up with 8 in the boat and a few 10 inchers let go .
[signature]
[quote mtncat1]we were up there again today and found the catching tough still ended up with 8 in the boat and a few 10 inchers let go .[/quote]

we let 4 10" kokes go
and we also got a lot of 6" to 8" cuts, you had to keep checking your lines to see if they were on, they were hitting every thing we had, at all depths
I was thinking they must have just planted them
the

2017 Fish stocking information said last date 05/15/2017
they were on the SC side also.
we fished the SC side on the 4 th from 6:30 to 7:30 then moved to the strawberry side. not a lot of boats on the SC side.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I'm heading up today and will be there until Saturday. I'll probably fish Strawberry side one day and the SC side the other day. If you see this boat on the water, swing by and say 'Howdy'.[/#800000][/font]
[Image: KH1u2sM.jpg]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
thats a good looking boat ,it looks like a nice upgrade too , most importantly i hope it's a good catcher .
[signature]
That's a really nice decked out boat. Have fun this week; hopefully you get some blood on the deck.
[signature]