Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun day at the Pig
Took the kayak to Porcupine this morning for kokes and was not disappointed. Saw schools in three different depth areas, 25-30', 40s and 60s. They seemed to hit the 25'-30' the best and did not see much difference in size from one group to the next. Had one line on the downrigger with a wedding ring and long lined a hootchie with 1oz weight on the other. Both rigs caught fish and pink was the color. Other colors may have worked but that's what I started with and saw no reason to change.
Fun way to spend a beautiful day.
[signature]
What's the size of the koks?
Can you shair a picture?
[signature]
No pictures, most were in the 12" range. I thought that maybe the deeper schools would produce larger fish but I didn't see any difference. It was one of those quantity over quality days.
[signature]
Had the same awesome day.

On the water at 6am and off by 11am with 7. Lost a couple.

I had the first kokanee in the boat within 60 seconds of putting the line out.

Pink dodgers with pink squids.

Marked fish at the same depths as the OP and had the same experience as OP only I also caught 3 without downriggers - just put out about 50' of line.

Surprised that there were only 3-4 boats out on the whole reservoir, by the time I left anyway. I bet tomrrow and Tuesday will be busy, though.
[signature]
Nicholas was that you in the green boat? If so thanks for the intel on which schools were hitting when I first got out there this morning.
[signature]
How is the first boat launch by now? Still short on parking space? I may take a morning off to chase a fish been wondering about Hyrum or the pig but haven't decided yet. I know the power squad will run us off Hyrum early so been wondering if I could get the boat in and get my laid up FIL in the boat up there. He has a tough time walking very much lately. Thanks for any Intel. Later J
[signature]
I wasn't launching from the ramp but from what I could see from glancing over that way there seemed to be room for four or five trucks and trailers. That's just a casual observation and I'm sure there's others with better input.
[signature]
Thanks for that info. J
[signature]
Yeah man good day to be out on the pig for sure i caught probly 20 and lost probly another 10 after you left i was im the black boat i evem manageged a brown that was 18 to 20 ins
[signature]