Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Directions to the Rock Pile
Can anyone give me directions on how to access the Rock Pile at Bear Lake? How do you get on the ice and do you have to pay? Is there a plowed parking lot, or do you need a truck? I would appreciate any help.
Hey Fishdude, Though I have never fished the Rock Pile it is easy to find. If you are coming through Logan canyon you turn right when you get to Garden City. From there you just stay on the road until you get to Pickelville(about 5-6 miles from Garden City). Ideal Beach and Sweetwater resort are lake side. Idea Beach is where you turn in. As I understand it they do charge you to park, but it is reasonable ($1.00 or two). They have a plowed parking lot. I'm sure they have restroom or porta-potty facilities. From there you head North out on the lake about 1/4 Mile and you are over the Rock Pile.

I'm sure others who are more familiar with it than I am will also respond to your post. This should get you close. Good Luck and let us know how you do.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I was pretty sure that you had to go through the Ideal Beach Resort, but didn't go there on Friday because I had heard that you had to pay to park. Funny thing though - I ended up at Cisco Beach on Friday and had to pay anyway...
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Ya, and a lot more to boot! Don't it just suck! Ideal is $1 per person and Utah State Park is $7 a carload. HA![/size][/font]
[signature]