Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation - A busy place
I fished Starvation today in my tube from 6:30 until 2:00 using fly gear. I forgot about the fourth falling in the middle of the week and the campgrounds were still packed. It makes it tough to find some open shoreline to launch the tube.[:/]

The fishing was not fast and the fish that I caught were not big but it was still a fun trip. The water temperature was 65 degrees and with a slight breeze the temperature was bearable until I got out. My waders were dry by the time I walked to my truck.[Wink]

I picked up four walleye between 11"- 14", one rainbow and a bunch of smallmouth between 9" - 14" long. The reservoir level is about two feet from full and dropping.

There were a lot of other anglers, mostly in boats and a few on shore, along with the usual wave runners and recreational boaters to keep you on your toes.

I think I'm going to stick to fishing the high country until things cool down a bit.
[signature]
I agree , I will be going high until the lower country slows down a little, maybe early fall or at least until school starts back up. Good luck
[signature]