Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mill Meadow - nothing big but fun!
A friend and I fished Mill Meadow in our tubes using fly tackle. We launched on the upper portion of the reservoir where the Fremont runs in. We started about 10:00 and fished until 2:00 when mother nature said it was time to get out of the water.[Smile]

We used medium sinking lines with size 6-8 bead head leeches in olive and red, buggers in black/orange and tan/green/pearl. We picked up mostly this years stocked rainbows but did manage a few up to 15" and also some browns from 12" - 15". We fished in water that was 7' - 25' deep with the best method being the cast, sink, & strip. The water temperature was 65-67 degrees and the visibility in the water of about 2' because of all the algae in the water column.
The reservoir level is down a little but not bad for this time of year. We were the only ones on the water but there were a number of shore anglers and we did see a couple of them catch fish also.

There were enough clouds and a light breeze to keep the temperature bearable so it was a good day to be out. I wish I lived a little closer so I could spend more time here. I know that there are some good fish in there but they weren't in a playful mood today.[:/]
[signature]