Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Last Weekend How Did You Do
Fished the Strawberry side Saturday AM and from 5:00PM until dark did excellent targeting Kokanee. 26 to the boat 15 nice keepers with 11 Cuts . Tried the Soldier Creek side Sunday AM for a heads up for next weeks veterans event and only got one Kokanee with a few small cuts. My question is was only Soldier Creek slow Sunday or was Strawberry slow also? I want to give my vets the best chance and if you did good Sunday also I will run the channel and fish the Strawberry side with them.
[signature]
Tried Saturday, Strawberry side. Could not find a Koke, so probably need some lessons... Did find 3 Bows that were willing. Strangely no Cutts all day. Very rare for me.

TiteLines
[signature]
I fished the Strawberry side on Friday and had 2 man limit within a couple of hours. I returned Sunday and caught 1 10" Koke, I ditched the Strawberry side and tried my luck on the SC side. I caught 2 Kokes on the SC side. I couldn't seem to figure it out on Sunday.
[signature]
Fished the Strawberry side Saturday only with 4 guests. We actually found pretty good fishing. my guests took home limits (16). Fished till noon. What I was most pleased with was the size. All were good fish.
[signature]
I wonder if that nasty windy storm that came through after dark Saturday messed up the fishing?
[signature]
I think the Kokes were running deeper than I was fishing. I was targeting them at around 40' and I didn't start catching any until I dropped down to 45' There was a fisherman at the fish cleaning station that caught 8 after fishing all day and he was catching them around 45' as well, the bite was definitely much slower on Sunday. I hope you and your Vets get into them.
[signature]