Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Canyon Lake?
Anyone fished here recently? Going to family property in the area and taking my fly rod and float tube down to fish. Only fished it one other time and was quickly stopped by lightning storms. Any help is appreciated
[signature]
I have not fished it this year, but i fished it this time last year and did really well going around the lake in my tube using olive woolly buggers and midges. Good luck to ya and remember there are special regulations for keeping the cutties.
[signature]
Sinking line or are they close enough to the surface for floating line?
[signature]
So next weekend is the trip, any suggestions for loading up on flies?!?
[signature]
I went last Sunday, fish everywhere, threw everything but the kitchen sink and ended up with a 6" trout. I guess I suck. Damsel Fly nymphs in a sinking line should have been killer (that's what I was throwing) and they would not touch it. I threw every color of bugger and nada. Fished on top, mosquitoes, mayflies, midges, terrestrials and nothing. I have no clue about that place, it was my first time but come on!
[signature]
They are everywhere so sinking or floating should be fine.
[signature]
Thanks for the advice. Like the original post said I tried to fish it last year and got chased out by lightning. Saw a guy catch a nice tiger trout right off the "boat ramp" area. I hope to get into some fish. Were you floating or just wading? I'm gonna have the tube.
[signature]
I have property up that way also and have been meaning to swing by and see how it's doing. I'm not much of a fly fisher but I might check it out this fall.
[signature]
Drift boat.
[signature]
I will leave a post of how I do. I'm also gonna hit the strawberry river while I'm out that way. Should be a good time!
[signature]
Last year I used sinking line, but Remo is right, floating line would have done fine as well. The most success I had was in my tube, I would float right over the fish, could even look down and see 'em. A few times i danced an olive bugger right in front of them to entice the bite. The tigers were real aggressive though and wouldn't leave the nymphs in the water long before hitting them. Good luck! Excited to see how you do
[signature]