Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo 7/12/17 and a new species off my list
Went up to echo last night and fished from the shore for a couple of hours. Growing up mostly fishing small streams and rivers, I had never caught a smallmouth before, which is what I assume I was catching last night. There was a whole school of little tiny ones that would follow whatever I was casting and attack it, and the interesting thing was that when a small guy got himself hooked, the others would swarm around him and follow him in instead of scattering which I have never seen before. Did manage a couple of "larger" ones though, with the largest being the one in the picture. I was using everything from worms, rapalas, spinners, and whatever else was in my tackle box, and all seemed popular.
[signature]
Congratulations on the new species. You are correct, that is a smallmouth.
[signature]
Seems like a blast I'm planning on going up to deer creek when the water levels go down to hit the smallies! If you ever want to hit a lot of bass go to deer creek and use poppers in the morning and night right up against the shore kid three to four feet from the shore lately I've been catching some nice bass! Ignore the rainbow! Lol
[signature]
Are you fishing out of a toon.
[signature]
Smallmouth are one of my favorite species to fish for here in Utah, you're definitely going to be hooked on them now!
Congrats
[signature]
Congrats man! Sounds like you had some fun. Be careful, those brown fish are seriously addicting. You start catching them a pound or so bigger than what you got, you are in store for some of the most pissed off fish that swim. [mad]
[signature]