Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln again
Fished Lincoln today with my crew. Launched at about 6:00 and headed for Bird Island. Planned to fish until the sun became unbearable and return home early. Overcast skies and a mild south wind made for perfect fishing. Water temp right around 75 degrees.

Left the launch channel and headed for the island. Half mile or so out we encounter a big algae bloom field about a half mild wide that appeared to be moving with the south wind.

Arrived at the island and shut down in about 5 feet of water and used electric to move in close to south shore... about 2 feet of water and lots of rocks. Cats were biting before we got all of our poles out. Several very ugly big males that were about 25 inchers and many more that were cutters. White bass worked the best.

Decided to go back south and east of launch, midway between Lincoln and SF river. Boys wanted to fish the edge of the reeds. Used the Minn Kota to ease in to about a foot and half of water and then anchored in the mud with the prop on our outboard. We caught fish all along the shoreline but nothing better than 24-25 inches. Bridger caught one very light colored cat that was about a 2 footer.

Green algae was noticeable almost everywhere we went. It was thin, nothing like the pea soup we saw last year. Signs posted conspicuously all around the launch warning of dire effects of touching the water. Hoping the algae crap will go away.

Great day. Mild overcast weather allowed us to stay until we ran out of bait. One other boat at the island and a couple others in front of the springs.

Hope to get out again next week.

BLK
[signature]
Reports like this make me miss my boat.

Great info, sounds like the kitties are still not on night shift.

[fishin]
That is definitely one light-colored channel cat.
[signature]
Yep, and one supper long lip whisker
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Hey Lynn, glad to see you and posse are still at your post... That first fish I caught with Pat the other day I thought was your 36"er by the way it pulled and stayed on bottom... When I got it in at 24" I decided it's been too long since I've been fishing to misjudge a fish that badly... I'm thinking as many fish as you guys have been landing, you got to be getting in pretty good shape, they are a work out... Keep a going and good luck on that bloom going away... I know you guys are going to need some time to catch up to the north this year... Wink Wink... Glad you and the grandkids can go have a great time together... Later J
[signature]