Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alicia ayers, chicamauga, large mouth, july 7, 2017, self
Hey guys, want to give all a good laugh about my bank adventure yesterday ! Meeting my nephew at cff at 5:30 a.m. to go out and stretch a line , and got there a few min. early , so got out my rod w/Ribbit and began to fish from bank around fishing pier. Still dark and figured there would be a big ole Beastie Girl lurking in shallows and grass around pier poles, so started throwing and winding and noticed some movement in grass. Oh, my gosh! I think it was the biggest Gopher I've ever seen swimming around in grass and shallow areas, even onto bank and back in water , eating and munching on any juicy bugs and whatever he could find for breakfast! So , I'm thinking that big ole rat just may get eaten by a big ole hungry Bass any second ! I could even hear the symphony chorus from" Jaws " playing in the background ta dum ta dum ta dum,TA DUM TA DUM..................!!!!!!!!!!OH THIT.......THIT!!! A massive beast I thought would eat that gopher blew up on my frog right at my feet, inches from the bank ! Scared me to death !! Was under lights , so I could see her massive mouth miss her target and she swam away showing me how big she was .Alas, missed a beast and the gopher was still swimming around in death waters LOL!!! About this time , saw some more movement out of the corner of my eye, and here came DADDY long legs "COON" traveling as fast as his little feet could carry him trying to beat me to trash can to find his breakfast , and I saw my nephew turning into park, so gave MR. Coon plenty of space and gathered my gear , and headed to the ramp! Also, saw plenty of deer on my way thru park , and have stepped on couple of snakes , went around a yellowjackets nest, plenty of lizards and of course hooking sea gulls and catching an osprey has been some other adventures I've encountered catching my beastie girls , so we got out there 6 ish or so, came in at 2 ,and we caught @ 15 -20 all about a lb . no big ones all caught on lizard , ribbit, and yamasenko 4 ft of water and grass ! Never a dull moment in my fishing trips !! Hope you all have as much fun as I do out there !