Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advise smith morehouse res.
I went to smith morehouse res. and got a few bites from shore and landed one small trout. Planing to go again next week with my float tube. My question is: are the larger trout down deep at this time of year or what water depth should I be targeting while in my float tube. Should I be fishing along the shore line or out in the center of the lake? What other kinds of fish do they have and what bait or lures should I use. Any advise would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance, new to the area.
[signature]
I've never fished it so I can't help you there but according to the DWR stocking report there are cutthroat, grayling, tiger trout, rainbow trout, and kokanee in there.

Good luck in the tube.
[signature]
Myself and a friend fished it last Friday from my boat. We fished the East side using a small feather tailed jig in pink and white 4 ft under a bobber tipped with nightcrawler. We probaby caught 35 fish between the two of us and missed more than we caught. We were throwing toward the bank landing about 10ft from shore. If we didn't catch a fish we had a bite. We didn't keep any fish but had a lot of fun. I doubt you will catch anything big most fish were about 12 inches, all Rainbows.
[signature]
Do you have any pics of the feather tail jig or can you share the name/brand? I've never heard of putting a jig under a bobber. I'm heading up to S&M in a couple weeks and would love to try it out.
[signature]
That lake place was packed with people yesterday! Probably scared all the fish away from shore! We were gonna fish it but way too many people there. Swimmers, kayakers, paddle boarders, canoes, tubes you name it! We went elsewhere!
[signature]