Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Powell trip
We just got back from the Lake Powell trip and it was quite a adventure. We arrived on Wednesday afternoon to a big wind storm that I thought I was going to sink the boat. Luckily we got it back on trailer just before the sky opened up with a giant rain storm. After about a hour we tried again and was able to get all 26 of us to knowels canyon. The weather stayed great for the rest of the week. I was able to get a few of the boys to give up on wake boarding and surfing to try fishing and they had a blast. Some of them said it was there favorite part of the trip. We targeted the stripers finding some boils. We used Zara spooks and some other top water lures. It was a little difficult at times with all the tangle up's but I manage to teach them how to cast and they all caught fish so they were happy. On Friday both ski boats went down and I had to make four trips back and forth from knowels to bull frog to get everyone out on Saturday but we survived. The last trip out my power trim went out on my boat. So at the end of the trip all three boats broken. 20 happy high adventure scouts that had a blast all at home safe. Thanks to those that gave me tips. I need to get my boat fixed so I can go again and maybe catch some fish for me this time. LOL[fishon]
[signature]
Great job on getting those boys out there. Sounds and looks like the fishing wasn't too shabby either. Good luck fixing the boats.
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
You know what they say, you can take your kids fishing, but can't necessarily go fishing with your kids.
[signature]
Thanks for the report back! Glad to see it was a good trip.
[signature]