Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe's valley help
Taking a bunch of scouts to Joe's valley next week and they want to do some fishing. I was thinking to catch some chub and do curbside on a time jig fished vertically. Though to me this seems like a great plan I have never been there so I don't know where in the reservoir to fish. If any of you would have some suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. The faster I get the boys on fishing the faster I can take my kayak and try for the musky [Wink]
[signature]
I fish there regularly, the kids would do best at the streams or ponds around Joes Valley honestly but, the lake itself has Tiger, Cutthroat and Splake trout as well as the Muskies. Where are you staying? try Lowry and Seely inlets for trout and chubs to keep kids busy. As far as your Kayak try the west Shoreline casting towards the shore in the afternoon with swimbaits or Rapala's
[signature]
That is good advice thank you. We will be staying at the campground on the west side. I was also thinking about Pete's hole for a day but I know even less about that water.
[signature]
Petes hole will be great for the scouts, academy mill is a short 3/4 mile hike (easy) from petes hole also , Has tiger trout. there is grassy lake up there also. They are all scenic, much cooler, and good fishing. Seeley creek if you hike down in the canyon is great fishing for wild cutthroat, (you cross it just before petes hole) but hike off road down in the canyon for the best fishing.
[signature]
Awesome thank you so much for your help
[signature]
So how was the joes valley trip?
[signature]
We hit some rain so the road to Pete's hole was impassible for a couple of vehicles people brought and we didn't have as many kayaks as expected so all fishing was done from the shore, the water was 72 degrees. So fishing translation we did pretty horrible but it was beautiful. I was also watching others on the lake and there were very few fish being caught.
[signature]