Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baker's Dozen (Willard 07/19)
After doing well yesterday, I headed back out to the west dike at Willard this morning. Fished from 9 to 11 and had a good morning until the wind kicked up about 10:30. Caught a baker's dozen, all cats. 9 or 10 on a crystal bugger on my fly rod and the rest couldn't resist a gulp minnow tipped with a little worm dragging along the bottom behind me. Fished about midway between the SW corner and the light pole. Found fish in 1 to 24 FOW. Attached is a picture of tonight's special guests invited home to dinner.

Larry
[signature]
Sounds like my schedule was about the same as yours. I drove out to the end of the road at the boat ramps. Don't know if you were already fishing when I past or you came after I had passed. It was close to 9.

I carefully made my way the the water and cast out a piece of carp and before I could get the other rod ready I hooked up. I caught and released four real fast. I had two come unbuttoned, missed a couple and broke two off for what ever reason I know not; operator error I guess.

When I got there there was a fellow fishing from his tube. I thought it was you and hallered at him to say Hi. Never knew is wasn't you until he got out. Come to find out it was a fellow by the name Dave. He said you got him pumped up about fly fishing the area. He's been trying to hook up with you for a lesson or two. He caught one. After talking with me he was even more determined how to catch some with the fly rod. Better call him.

I think I left just ahead of you, I saw a couple of pick-ups about mid way.

Richard
[signature]
I saw a pickup with a tube in the back go by when I got to the top of the dike. I'd be more than happy to show him the ropes. Dave, if you read this PM me.

Larry
[signature]