Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salmon dam today
3 of us had a great day at sfr. Boated 15 walleyes, 4 perch, 3 bass and 2 trout. Most were released. Largest eye was 17 inches. Lots of small eyes also. Less than 10 in. Lost some nice fish at the boat.
[signature]
Nice, sounds like a good numbers of smaller eyes for the coming years. If you don't mind sharing, what did you catch the eyes on?
[signature]
We were bottom bouncing using a slow death hook and a worm. Chartreuse Smile blade with three beads. Trolling about 1.2 mph. In 15 too 20 ft of water.
[signature]
Thanks for the detailed info, I haven't fished SFR for years, sounds like I need to give it another try. I just started using those Slow Death hooks for eyes this year and I've had limited success. Last year I had good success using them for trout but I think I'm trolling too fast for the eyes.
[signature]
Call me before you go
I know some stuff
[signature]
Sounds good, it won't likely be this year but I'll definitely call you when I make my next trip up your way.
[signature]
We've had good success at speeds up to 1.5 mph but the best catch at below 1.2. Weve also had good catch rates with a blue tiger flicker shad. Can be trolled at 1.5 to 2 mph.
[signature]
Fire tiger flicker shad worked well for us this Spring but not much on them for the last month. Can't say I've ever heard of a blue tiger flicker shad. Do you have a pic of one?
[signature]
I think this is what he is referring to.
[signature]
OK, thanks for the pic. I actually have one of those but I've never caught anything on it. Sounds like I better try it a little more, before giving up on it.
[signature]