Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishlake kokanee fishing on fire!
Spent friday,saturday,and Sunday of the 24th holiday at Fishlake with family and friends.
Goal was to catch salmon and the lake did not dissapoint!
Caught multiple limits each day of some very fine kokes and my friends wife, Tanya, caught her first salmon.
Used Kokanee Creek Tackle at 1.4 mph at an average depth of 45'.
Silver dodgers with orange/black splatter spinners tipped with maggots sealed the deal. Also caught a few on pink spinner/squid combos.
Also caught a bonus mack with a KCT gold spinner.
[signature]
Nice job. Best eating ever right there!
[signature]
Great report and pictures. Makes want to make the drive, what is the launch fee?
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I am heading down there in a couple weeks. Do they look like they are starting to spawn yet?
[signature]
There is no launch fee at Fish Lake.
[signature]
I am not a biologist so I don't know what a two-year-old fish will do? One of the fish I caught was developing a very small hook.
[signature]
Those are some nice kokes. It is good to see an additional lake in the state that will produce decent sized kokanees plus it is a great place to go!
[signature]
This is some of the best news I have seen from FL. Looks as if a good number did not become "Mac" food. Great report and good job finding them.
[signature]
Nice haul of Kokes and the Mac is no slouch fish either.

TiteLines
[signature]
They are some nice looks got me excited. Boy they have grew fast. Great job
[signature]
Great job. What general area did you find them?
[signature]
That is the funny part, they were not schooled nor in a particular part of the lake.
We just trolled whichever way boat traffic dictated and would run in to them here and there.
We would catch bows, splake, and a couple very pretty tigers between the kokes.
I do hope FL does not become like Strawberry where the kokes run the bows out of the 'openess'.
[signature]
Looks like a great time Mr. Bennett!
[signature]