Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Crawfish & Kokanee Spots
Going to Strawberry for the fist time this year on Thursday and Friday. Going to put out some crawfish traps from a boat for the first time in my life. Any suggestions on where to set them for the best success? I attached a couple of kokanee spot maps. Can you explain the crawfish locations from those spots and how deep to catch crawfish if the traps are set out from 4 or 5 pm to 8 pm?

Anyone that has fished kokanee this week, can you let me know which of these kokanee spots are the best this week? Is the Soldier Creek or Strawberry side doing better this week? I know it changes from day to day, but info is info. I really appreciate it and will report my results on Saturday. [fishin]
[signature]
We fished for Kokes on both the Strawberry side and the Soldier creek side this past Friday and Saturday. On Strawberry we fished straight out from Haws point and Mudcreek, Unfortunately we did not have any luck in either location. We were using Pink Dodgers and Pink Hoochies without spinners and tipped with pink gulp maggots. Fishing about 4 to 5 colors on leaded line, and fishing about 35 feet on downrigger. We did manage 1 rainbow and one small cutt around the Soldier Creek marina using small silver pop gear and worm.

On the bright side, the craw fish are loaded all around the marina on the soldier creek side. As soon as the sun begins to set they are all over the boat ramp area. You should have no problem catching them their.

Let us know how you do and best of luck !
[signature]
Kokanee move so you need to find them
and they are down deep
we have got 10" and 23" cuts down 52 feet. also kokanee
[signature]