Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advice needed
I'm looking to take my two boys fishing tomorrow but am not sure where to go. After looking online for places I'm leaning towards Spring Lake but I can't find a lot of info about it. I'm in Provo and am willing to travel as far as an hour away for the right spot. I don't have a boat so it will have to be somewhere I can fish from the shore. The last couple of times I've taken them has been to Utah lake and we had very little success so I'm hoping to bring them somewhere where they can finally catch something on their own.

If there is any tackle advice you'd like to give as well I'd love to hear it.

Thank you and I'll be sure to report back on Monday with pictures.
[signature]
How old are your kids ?

My old goto place (all though I havent been down there this year) is actually Utah lake and Lincoln Beach. While TubeDude is by far the expert in and around that lake, I always managed success dangling cut bait blow a bobber at Lincoln beach. If you goto Reams grocery store and pick up some Mackeral (catfish candy) . Cut into 1 inch by 3 inch strips , suspend about 3 feet under a bobber....

Good luck...
[signature]
My boys are 7 and 9, probably should've mentioned that. Also, we'll be heading out around 5:30 am.

I've had a friend take me to Lincoln Beach and I did have some luck catching white bass there.
[signature]
Take them to a stocked pond like Cold Springs Trout Farm by Ogden. The kids see lots of fish, catch a couple, and don't get bored.
[signature]
I would take them up to the top of Fairview canyon and hit benches and boudger lakes , (About an hour drive from provo) Turn toward scofeild at the top of fairveiw canyon, they are right along the paved road. They are both stocked regularly, easy fishing for kids, and you will be out of the heat (9000 ft)
[signature]
Spring Lake is within casting distance of my home, well, a quarter mile cast. People fishing there all the time. Large mouth bass are there for people who know how to target them. Mostly, there are planter size trout and catfish with an occasional wiper. Try the east side where either creek comes in or on the west side by the Black Hawk and the Black Hawk war sign. Worms and or power bait should work.

Fished Lincoln today and talked to a guy fishing the mouth of the channel and he had caught a few cats. Skeeters are bad and mink lurk among the rocks. Worms, shrimp, tilapia, or any carbon based substance will catch a catfish. A few white bass frequent that area too. Try a curly tail jig or a silverfish spinner or a worm under a bobber. Fishing and power boats may cause misery in the channel tomorrow. Might want to try around by Mulberry in Goshen Bay.

Wherever you go the boys will have fun. Go get 'em and good luck.

BLK
[signature]
Wow, thanks for all the great advice everyone!

Looks like I may have to make a few trips to explore all my options. [Smile]

After BLK's mention of largemouth I'm going to have to head to spring lake tomorrow. I'm originally from New England and loved bass fishing. I've gotten decent at catching trout but still don't think I've got the hang of catching catfish as well as I'd like.

I'll be sure to post my results on Monday morning to let you all know how it went.
[signature]