Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kokanee depth at Strawberry
Heading up to strawberry tomorrow from 10:30 am to 3:00 PM. Fish finder is on the fritz. Can anyone tell me what the optimal depth to target kokanee is now? I was thinking 38-44ft but wondering if they've gone deeper lately. Also, what colors have been hot this week?

Thanks for your help!

Blake
[signature]
i was up there today shallowest koke caught was 30 feet deepest 45 we got the ones at 30 feet in the afternoon
[signature]
Just curious -- Yesterday (Fri.) we trolled all A.M. and did lousey....Solunar calendar said it would be a Poor day, and it was for us....For today (your fishing day) Solunar calendar said it would be a Fair day......Could you rate your fishing experience Poor, Fair, or Good? Also, were you on SC side or main Strawberry?........I know alot of guys never look at solunar tables, but sometimes it's been right on for my day's experience......
[signature]
42 to 55 yesterday for koks. Some cuts at those depths and 35. Good luck![fishon]
[signature]
fishing was slow yesterday for kokes , the cutt bite was average we probably let 15 cutts go . and lost 3 or 4 kokes one due to a broken hook . i had really good luck last year on soldier creek fishing for reds .so i may try that in a few weeks
[signature]
Tks MtnCat --Next Tues. it says "Fair" day on the water, so if the weather looks good, we're going to give SC a shot....last year we were fishing SC by Aug. 4 and doing pretty good, so I'm going to try making my move now....Guluk....
[signature]