Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Rainbows
What happen to the rainbows at strawberry??
[signature]
We were there yesterday and picked up one small one early. But the fishing was really slow for everyone. When we pulled the boat out of the water, there was only one person at the fish cleaning station which is an indication everyone was having a tough day.
[signature]
Target them. We have a few areas that are almost always "very" rainbow productive. We will catch 3 bows to 1 cut when we do this.
[signature]
We fished Friday evening and Saturday morning for Kokanee in the triangle and caught several cutthroats and no Kokanee. Saturday afternoon we decided to head over to the Narrows and caught three rainbows and lost a couple of others. All we caught at 25 feet on pink squids and silvers sling blades. These are the first rainbows we've caught at Strawberry this year.
[signature]
Try moving closer to the shore. I think that the salmon have started to take over the open water.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
I/we fish a area and that's all we catch.
[signature]
We went to strawberry to fish for the first time Saturday and didn't get nothing I just figured it was because we don't know what we're doing,sorta glad it was slow for everyone maybe we weren't messing up as bad as I thought.
[signature]
Two weeks ago I got 8 and one cut. Two of the bows 3#7oz, and one 5# 14 oz. We targeted them. 20 ft on the bottom . PowerBait was the key . The cut came on a while tube tipped with chub , 22 1/2 in. 4# 4oz. Quality over quantity that day .
[signature]