Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon 2-7-04
fished east canyon today with my 5yr old son and HCD. was a slow day on the water hcd caught 3 small bows and my son and i caught 2 bows fished just west of the boat launch, loanfish came up and joined us just before we left
[signature]
Sounded like a fun day with the kid!!! What location were you fishing at today on East Canyon???
[signature]
100 yrds west of boat ramp, in 30ft of water, fishcops where out checking licences today and gave a couple citations
[signature]
Sorry we weren't able to make it up there today. Sounds like you guys had fun. Didn't want Norm to get any worse with whatever it is he's got.
[signature]
Sounds like you had a slow day....did you mark many fish? What were they hitting today.
[signature]
white whatacricket and glow ratfinlies, not to many on the finder
[signature]
I gave it 3 hours up there this morning too. Caught 2; one 'bow was 18" and fought great. Really fun. But this thing was so scarred. Remember that poor kid in junior high with the worst acne in school? That's what this one looked like. I was in 40' of water, and the only 4 hits I got came from teasing fish up off the bottom. Didn't see a lot of fish cruising at mid-depths.
And I used a "modified" Whatta-Cricket. James -- what I've been doing is taking the pearl bodies and packing them in with some chartreuse grubs. Just the legs making contact. Now I've got a mess of bright green-legged bodies that I think makes a positive difference!
Go get 'em! [Wink]
[signature]
We do that with out white foxee jigs to give them a greenish tint also. It works great!
Bigcat
[signature]
i do alot of bass fishing with plastic worms i like throwing a bunch of different colored ones together and seeing what " hot " colors result
[signature]