Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport-Again
Took the wife to Rockport this morning. She is a fair weather fisher-woman so we took the tent with us.GOOD PLAN!! The wind blew most of the day. Started at 7:30 north west of the ramp in 46' of water. We did OK for the perch catching several in the 11" range. A far cry from the dinks at Jordanelle and better than last saturday at Echo. No trout though, so when we were through catching our perch dinner, we moved closer to the shore. We set up again in 26' of water and saw no action for about 1/2 hour. Then the feeding frenzy began. I was using a renegade tied on a jig head under a foxie jig and my wife was using a castmaster under a rat finkie. We both were tipped with wax and meal worms and smothered with smelly jelly. It was non stop action for about 1 and 1/2 hours. All rainbows. They ranged from 10" to 18" in size. We couldn't get them off and our line back in the water fast enough. The storm front started to blow in about 2:30 pm and we decided to get while the getting was good. The freeway was a mess going back to Roy but we made it home without any incident. All in all a great day [with my best friend] on the ice. DKSRenegade
[signature]
Thanks for the report!!! I need to get somewhere to get some trout for the smoker. I was wondering where I should go, either Rockport or Lost creek.
[signature]
Very nice report. I'm really glad you guys had a good day on the ice. It's always nice to catch fish when you take out the better half. Also glad you made it home safe. I work in an ER, and today was crazy busy after that storm started making the roads a mess. Good luck next time you head out.
[signature]
[size 3]I took a group of young men and a few adults ages 10 to 60 something to Rockport Saturday. We fished along the east side between the dam and the boat ramp. There were 16 total in are group, they were fishing in 15’ to 60’ of water. Every one was able to catch fish, they pulled out a lot of perch from 6” to 12”, and trout from 8” to 18”, two guys pulled out 3 browns from 12” to 20”. We pulled out the table and a deep fryer and had us a little fish fry on the ice. (Man fish are hard to fillet with cold hands.) Everyone had fun even with the wind blowing.[/size]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]FW,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I like it! Fresh fish on the ice. To feed that group you must of done a lot of filleting! Sounds like a great day for all involved![/size][/font]
[signature]
Paul, sounds like your trip was a big success. It's good to see folks like you that are willing to sacrifice your time and talents to help others have a good time and teach our youth the values of the great outdoors. I tried to catch you on the radio before I left but I couldn't reach you. We took your advice and moved in closer to the shore after talking to you. It was a good move. The trout that we were looking for showed up in mass. We had a blast until we had to go. I never could get any BFT folks to answer on channel 12 except you, so I don't know if any others were up there with us or not. I see that Doug Miller is putting on his perch party on the 21st at Rockport. I think that I will try to attend but I may sneak over to where you guys were at. The crowds will be to big in the area that Doug will be at. One thing though, I bet that he doesn't feed us breakfast like Polokid and our friends from BFT did. DKSRenegade
[signature]
I sure would of enjoyed that outing . I got all the tools to pull that off , but haven't yet . With all this snow I need a snowmobile now . Nice report !!!!!
[signature]
DKS as I was leaving I looked down and noticed my ear piece for my radio had fallen out of my ear. It was a blast to watch others succeed at ice fishing and have them enjoy it with the cold wind. A few of the guys that were with us are adept ice fisherman that had never fished Rockport and they manage to catch the Browns. I need to get back up there this week to fish the same spot for a Brown.
[signature]
Way to go Dks. Those are some good sized perch. I've only caught 2 perch over 10" all year. Thanks for the report.
[signature]