Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua
Has anyone been up there lately. I am thinking of going up there next saturday and I don't know where to fish and what to use. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

fishkid
[signature]
Hey Fishkid,

Mantua has been really slow. The problem with that lake is you can't use any bait or scent. It makes the fishing very hard. If you do there head over towards that river that comes in there. That is where I float tube and have done really good over there. You can also go to the east side and fish for bluegill. There are some huge bluegill in there. I hope this information helps.

CatchandRelease
[signature]
Thank you for your help. I float tube over by the river to and have never caught anything. What do you catch over there? Thanks
Fishkid
[signature]
My son ties a Renegade fly pattern on a jig head and we fish it under a foxie jig or a castmaster. Two years ago it worked very well. Last year we never had good ice at Mantua so we went elsewhere. My son and wife fished Daniels in Idaho last month, which is also artificial only with good success using the same set up. I don't know where you can buy a Renegade jig but you could ask someone who ties flies to make you some. Make several sizes with different colored heads. Let me know if you try them and how you do with them. DKSRenegade
[signature]
Thanks, I wonder if hooked would have them.

Fishkid
[signature]
I catch mostly trout and bass over there. I have caught some really big fish out there. The problem with there is that it gets really mossy in the summer. I usually fish there during the spring. If I am fishing for bass I usually do it out of my boat.

C&R
[signature]