Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation satisfaction !!
Have been out to Starvation the past two weeks. Fishing has been pretty consistant for SMB and walleye. Last Saturday we caught about 30 walleye from 8" to 6lbs. Majority were 8-12 ", but kept 3bigger ones for dinner ( In retrospect, we should have kept the smaller ones). Most of the SMB were 8-12", but we did get a couple 2 - 3. Most were on swim baits around the grass. Same result on this past Friday but we did not keep any this week, still had fillets from last week. Attached photos are from last week !!
Thanks for the report. I'm heading there next weekend to try my hand at catching walleyes for the first time. Would you recommend Saleratus in 10-25' of water? Taking my sit on top fishing kayak for its inaugural run. Thanks for the help.
[signature]
We concentrated our efforts in 12-5 ft. of water, swimming the bait and some drop shotting. Best swimbait was Cabelas or Sportsman Warehouse 3" swimbaits and Dry Creek Outfitters drop craw.
Those are some nice smalljaws!
[signature]
Dunn, when I was there last week, the camp host told us his best walleye catching was right near the boat launch, along the cliff right by the campsites. You wouldn't have to paddle far to find them.

I'll second the 3" swim bait with paddle tails. Shad or blue back worked for me. I used Freshwater Basics on a jig head.
[signature]